Belly Fat on Women
Why should we treat belly fat on women differently? Because men and women store fat in very different ways. Part of the reason for this fact is that there is an increase of belly fat in women during menopause. Female menopause is unique and comes with its own set of challenges.
Once menopause has taken place, women often can see a weight gain due to shifts in hormone levels. In particular, weight can be gained in the abdominal area and it can be very stubborn to lose.
Factors in Weight Gain with Age
Men and women both can lose muscle as they age, and this can also contribute to a rise in fat all over the body.
Thus, women who are looking to keep their figure will want to consider taking some preventative steps before menopause occurs if possible. Once belly fat on women takes hold, it can be difficult to combat.
The first step is to workout. This recommendation comes in two forms- the first being cardiovascular training and the second form is weight resistance. Frequently, women ignore weight resistance. Since strength and muscle can be lost with age, the end result can be the accentuation of weight gain.
A comprehensive exercise regime will help women stay fit, keep the weight off and reap the various benefits associated with working out and resistance training.
Steps for Battling Belly Fat Both Before and After Menopause
You don't have to simply accept that you will gain weight and fat. By being proactive and dedicated to finding a solution, you can address belly fat on women head on and win the fight. Remember that just because menopause can come with body changes, such as gaining weight in your midsection, that doesn't mean it has to happen to you.
9 Ways for Women to Address Belly Fat Problems
- Exercise to burn calories.
- Eat healthy foods.
- Eliminate junk food and processed foods from your diet.
- Consume fewer calories.
- Focus on eating low calorie foods that will leave you feeling full, such as broccoli.
- Keep a close eye on your weight.
- Measure your waistline periodically.
- Keep your stress levels low, as stress produces weight gaining hormones and can cause "stress eating."
- Evaluate the benefits of HGH treatments or GHR supplements.
8 Key Causes for Belly Fat Gains
Belly fat on women has a variety of causes; let's review the main factors for most women.
- Menopause causes hormone changes such as a decrease in estrogen.
- You naturally lose muscle as you age, especially if you are not working out.
- Stress and the stress hormone cortisol
- Stress eating
- Your genetics
- A lack of exercise
- Poor dietary choices such as eating fast food and processed foods which have high levels of chemicals, fat, sodium and harmful compounds
- Eating too many calories
If you need additional help, I can recommend the Diet Solution Program which has helped thousands of women lose weight.
Return from "Belly Fat On Women" to Goodbye Belly Fat home page.
Sign Up To The Fight Belly Fat Newsletter
Why lose weight? Learn more!